Sunday, September 19, 2010

Shooting Exercise 1

Surreal Relaxation: White Balance Daylight, ISO 800


Disruption: Sports Scene Setting, White Balance Cloudy, ISO 200
Scum Build Up: Sports Scene Setting, White Balance Cloudy, ISO 200
Part Of History: Close-Up Setting, White Balance Cloudy, ISO 200
Glow From Above: Sunset Setting, ISO 200

6 comments:

  1. The last 2 photos are my favorite. They have a great composition and I enjoy the different view we get in each, also the color and clarity are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second and the fourth photographs really caught my eye because I like how the second one starts out a little fuzzy in the beginning (on the left side) and then becomes focused farther on in the photo, and then just the opposite, but same effect, in the fourth photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Part of history is a very rustic photo while still connecting time periods vibes. Also from the the boat lifts. I'm sure this place has some history of excessive human use, which could make this photo a one frame story. Love the depth of field.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last two photos are definitely my favorite. The use of depth of field and making the best use of the conditions and qualities of the elements in the photos make them much more dynamic than the first three. The coloration and natural lighting conditions in the last photo also help to make it more abstract, which I find interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last two photos are also my favorite; I like how you named the fourth one "Part of History", it makes me wonder if it is a personal place for you and I like that it hints at maybe having a story behind it. I also really loved the colors and shadows of the last picture, I think it makes it really interesting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Part of History is an awesome photo that draws your attention to everything in it even though the foreground is in focus and the background isn't. The cloudy white balance gives you a sense of time of day but preserves the natural color blending that occurs on the beach. Also the line that is leading out gives the picture a great deal of depth as it makes you want to follow it to see where the picture leads.

    ReplyDelete